Reopening Update from Pastor Brian
Do No Harm, Do Good, Stay in Love with God
These three rules of John Wesley are foundational to our tradition as United Methodists. Over the past few weeks the leadership of the Clifton Springs United Methodist Church has been working towards having in-person worship in our sanctuary; these three principals have been very much a part of our decision making process.
We feel confident that we can begin worshiping safely in our Sanctuary on June 21 at 9:30am. Before we worship the sanctuary will undergo a thorough cleaning of all surfaces. The trustees have adapted a process of cleaning using guidelines from the Upper New York Annual Conference, the State of New York and the CDC.
Worship will be different.
- We strongly support the wearing of masks; it protects ourselves and offers love and safety to those who we share space with. We will have masks available for you at stations in our facility
- Hand sanitizer will be available at stations in the facility.
- Please, no more than two people in the bathroom at one time.
- Every other pew will be blocked off to maintain Social Distancing.
- We encourage families to sit together. Please maintain Social Distancing between groups.
- We will have stations for the offering, we will not be passing an offering plate
- We will not be passing the pew sign in sheets; the ushers will have a directory to account for people in worship.
- We strongly support parents to bring their own toys and activities for young people.
- Bulletins will be available but will not be handed out.
- We will not be passing a microphone for announcements or for Prayers of the People. There will be stations for you to write your prayers on sticky notes. The prayers will be collected and read during the Prayers of the People.
- We will have a hospitality time but encourage you to greet your neighbors from a distance.
- We will sing but, we ask that you recognize God hears even small voices
If worshiping in person is beyond your comfort, we will continue to offer on-line worship at our Vid Flex site until July 12. Our contract will expire with that service and we will go back to our YouTube channel: Clifton Springs United Methodist Church
If you have questions about our procedure or your safety during worship please contact Pastor Brian at:
Church Office: 315-462-2274